Wieden & Kennedy creates first TV spot for Tesco
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 22 October 2012 11:07AM
Wieden & Kennedy's first television ad for Tesco launches this week, promoting a £5 saving for customers who spend £40, following the supermarket's split with The Red Brick Road.
Creative for the tactical campaign features the 'Thunderbirds' theme and pushes the brand's offer that takes £5 off a £40 grocery spend, online and in-store, before Thursday 25 October.
The countdown from the Thunderbirds theme is used to drive home the saving of £5, while the strapline 'Every Little Helps' features prominently after the supermarket considered dropping it during the review process.
The television spot is being supported by press and online activity.
Tactical activity for the promotion comes ahead of a major pre-Christmas brand campaign created by Wieden & Kennedy, announced by Tesco chief executive Philip Clarke during the supermarket’s last financial update.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer Source £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Brand Planner Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Integrated Project Manager - Creative Agency £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Executive Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Midweight UX Designer - Comparison Site Source £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'