Wieden & Kennedy creates first TV spot for Tesco
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 22 October 2012 11:07AM
Wieden & Kennedy's first television ad for Tesco launches this week, promoting a £5 saving for customers who spend £40, following the supermarket's split with The Red Brick Road.
Creative for the tactical campaign features the 'Thunderbirds' theme and pushes the brand's offer that takes £5 off a £40 grocery spend, online and in-store, before Thursday 25 October.
The countdown from the Thunderbirds theme is used to drive home the saving of £5, while the strapline 'Every Little Helps' features prominently after the supermarket considered dropping it during the review process.
The television spot is being supported by press and online activity.
Tactical activity for the promotion comes ahead of a major pre-Christmas brand campaign created by Wieden & Kennedy, announced by Tesco chief executive Philip Clarke during the supermarket’s last financial update.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Account Executive Major Players £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad