Daily Diary - Olympic row
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 12:18PM
It takes a brave man to compete in a rowing contest with gold and silver medal Olympic rower, Mark Hunter MBE.
However, Sir Keith Mills, deputy chairman of London’s Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (Locog), was willing to take the risk, despite wearing a suit for the occasion, since it was in aid of the charity, Sported, which he established to create sporting opportunities for disadvantaged youngsters.
The pair weren't just feeling nostalgic about the Olympic Games, but in fact were there to raise money for Draftfcb's Global Day of Giving, which marked the start of a seven-hour rowing relay.
The initiative to raise money for Sported featured two teams totalling more than 50 employees from Draftfcb in London participating in the endurance task, which pitted the agency's men against their female counterparts.
Each participant donated money to Sported every time they got on a machine. After rowing a combined total of 151,013 metres, the final tally reached more than £2,000.
Draftfcb's Global Day of Giving takes place in more than 90 countries and spans154 offices.
If you have a Daily Diary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £27000 - £32000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Programme Manager - Software - Product management - Agile Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus , London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot