Daily Diary - Olympic row
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 12:18PM
It takes a brave man to compete in a rowing contest with gold and silver medal Olympic rower, Mark Hunter MBE.
However, Sir Keith Mills, deputy chairman of London’s Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (Locog), was willing to take the risk, despite wearing a suit for the occasion, since it was in aid of the charity, Sported, which he established to create sporting opportunities for disadvantaged youngsters.
The pair weren't just feeling nostalgic about the Olympic Games, but in fact were there to raise money for Draftfcb's Global Day of Giving, which marked the start of a seven-hour rowing relay.
The initiative to raise money for Sported featured two teams totalling more than 50 employees from Draftfcb in London participating in the endurance task, which pitted the agency's men against their female counterparts.
Each participant donated money to Sported every time they got on a machine. After rowing a combined total of 151,013 metres, the final tally reached more than £2,000.
Draftfcb's Global Day of Giving takes place in more than 90 countries and spans154 offices.
If you have a Daily Diary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Junior Digital Designer The Industry Club London Ltd £25-28K Dependent on experience, London (Greater)
- Mid Weight Digital Project Manager Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch