Sony ads showcase technology surveilling James Bond
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 23 October 2012 12:07PM
Sony is launching a global product ad campaign showing James Bond under surveillance by a mystery woman using Sony technology such as its Xperia T smartphone.
The ‘Intelligence Gathered’ campaign featuring the fictional M16 character breaks on Friday (26 October), the same day the new James Bond film 'Skyfall' is released.
Creative by Wieden & Kennedy Portland shows James Bond infiltrating a heavily guarded compound, while dispatching adversaries as he advances towards the control room.
Bond's movements are followed by a mystery woman who is watching his progress on Sony Bravia screens, Vaio laptops, Xperia tablets and the Xperia T smartphone.
The ad is designed to drive home the "seamless communication capabilities" of the range of Sony devices.
Sony's television spot, which will include 60-second and 30-second versions, ends with 007 walking into the control room and asking the mystery woman enigmatically, "Looking for someone?".
Television spots will be supported by cinema, print and digital activity, with the latter running on platforms including Sony websites, Facebook and Twitter.
The production company for the campaign was RSA Films and it was directed by Baillie Walsh.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham