Danone to build Badoit brand in the UK
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 October 2012 11:00AM
Danone is embarking on a fresh marketing strategy to build its sparkling water brand Badoit in the UK.
This is the first time the soft drinks owner has invested in marketing in the UK for Badoit, which is bottled in the Loire in France, and is well-known across the channel.
Danone has appointed We Are Social as its first marketing agency to develop a social media strategy for Badoit, as well for as its Evian and Volvic water brands.
However, it plans to do "more than social media" for building the Badoit brand in the UK, but has not revealed details.
Danone will be "significantly" boosting its investment in social media to drive consumer engagement with its core target group of 25- 40-year-old females, according to Sarah Dossett, brand marketing manager for Evian Badoit, UK and Ireland.
She said its strategy was to "become part of the conversation", rather than "just broadcasting" to them.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief