Danone to build Badoit brand in the UK
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 October 2012 11:00AM
Danone is embarking on a fresh marketing strategy to build its sparkling water brand Badoit in the UK.
This is the first time the soft drinks owner has invested in marketing in the UK for Badoit, which is bottled in the Loire in France, and is well-known across the channel.
Danone has appointed We Are Social as its first marketing agency to develop a social media strategy for Badoit, as well for as its Evian and Volvic water brands.
However, it plans to do "more than social media" for building the Badoit brand in the UK, but has not revealed details.
Danone will be "significantly" boosting its investment in social media to drive consumer engagement with its core target group of 25- 40-year-old females, according to Sarah Dossett, brand marketing manager for Evian Badoit, UK and Ireland.
She said its strategy was to "become part of the conversation", rather than "just broadcasting" to them.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Project Manager Zebra People £50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show