Danone to build Badoit brand in the UK
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 October 2012 11:00AM
Danone is embarking on a fresh marketing strategy to build its sparkling water brand Badoit in the UK.
This is the first time the soft drinks owner has invested in marketing in the UK for Badoit, which is bottled in the Loire in France, and is well-known across the channel.
Danone has appointed We Are Social as its first marketing agency to develop a social media strategy for Badoit, as well for as its Evian and Volvic water brands.
However, it plans to do "more than social media" for building the Badoit brand in the UK, but has not revealed details.
Danone will be "significantly" boosting its investment in social media to drive consumer engagement with its core target group of 25- 40-year-old females, according to Sarah Dossett, brand marketing manager for Evian Badoit, UK and Ireland.
She said its strategy was to "become part of the conversation", rather than "just broadcasting" to them.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Senior Manager Loyalty Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Account Manager: Ecommerce Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, Stockport
- Senior Account Director Tomorrow Recruitment £55000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- 2014 'annus horribilis' says Maurice Lévy
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work