Danone to build Badoit brand in the UK
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 October 2012 11:00AM
Danone is embarking on a fresh marketing strategy to build its sparkling water brand Badoit in the UK.
This is the first time the soft drinks owner has invested in marketing in the UK for Badoit, which is bottled in the Loire in France, and is well-known across the channel.
Danone has appointed We Are Social as its first marketing agency to develop a social media strategy for Badoit, as well for as its Evian and Volvic water brands.
However, it plans to do "more than social media" for building the Badoit brand in the UK, but has not revealed details.
Danone will be "significantly" boosting its investment in social media to drive consumer engagement with its core target group of 25- 40-year-old females, according to Sarah Dossett, brand marketing manager for Evian Badoit, UK and Ireland.
She said its strategy was to "become part of the conversation", rather than "just broadcasting" to them.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account