Barclaycard gets music fans to voice support for Mercury artists
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 02:00PM
Barclaycard is getting music fans to "voice their support" for artists nominated for the Mercury Music Prize, by turning their tweets into speech.
The digital campaign has been created by Dare. It converts tweets by users who register on a dedicated website. The tweets must contain the hashtag #voice and the hashtag of the nominee.
They can also view other peoples' supportive tweets from the site.
Barclaycard began sponsoring the Mercury Music Prize in 2009 as part of a four-year sponsorship deal. This year artists Plan B and Richard Hawley are both tipped to win the prize. Other artists whose albums are among the 12 nominated include Django Django, Jessie Ware and Michael Kiwanuka. The winner will be unveiled on Thursday 1 November.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Direct Recruitment £45k-£55k, London (Greater)
- Senior Artworker fishtank £27000 - £32000 per annum, Bristol
- Events Manager fishtank £32000 - £39000 per annum, Bristol