Barclaycard gets music fans to voice support for Mercury artists
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 02:00PM
Barclaycard is getting music fans to "voice their support" for artists nominated for the Mercury Music Prize, by turning their tweets into speech.
The digital campaign has been created by Dare. It converts tweets by users who register on a dedicated website. The tweets must contain the hashtag #voice and the hashtag of the nominee.
They can also view other peoples' supportive tweets from the site.
Barclaycard began sponsoring the Mercury Music Prize in 2009 as part of a four-year sponsorship deal. This year artists Plan B and Richard Hawley are both tipped to win the prize. Other artists whose albums are among the 12 nominated include Django Django, Jessie Ware and Michael Kiwanuka. The winner will be unveiled on Thursday 1 November.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Advertising Sales Manager / Senior Advertising Exec - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + COMMISSION , London
- Senior Marketing Executive - Seiko UK Ltd. Ball & Hoolahan Not Disclosed, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers