Avis kicks off £15m pan-Euro ad review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 08:00AM
Avis Budget Group, the car-rental company, is reviewing its estimated £15 million pan-European advertising account.
The group plans to conduct chemistry meetings with agencies next week as part of a pitch process handled by Oystercatchers.
Avis Budget Group is planning to ramp up its investment in both the Avis and Budget brands. It is unclear whether only one agency will be appointed to handle advertising for both brands.
The group appointed Beta as the lead digital agency for Avis and Budget earlier this month. The shop was tasked with delivering a strategic plan for creative digital retail and brand messaging for the two brands.
Avis’ incumbent agency in the UK is McCann Birmingham, while Budget has worked with Atomized Entertainment in the past. Leo Burnett handles Avis’ advertising in the US, which is not affected by the review.
Avis recently dropped its renowned "We try harder" tagline in the US, which has been synonymous with the brand for more than 50 years. It rolled out a new tagline, "It’s your space", targeted at business travellers and created by Leo Burnett USA’s New York arm, Leo Burnett Business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014