Avis kicks off £15m pan-Euro ad review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 08:00AM
Avis Budget Group, the car-rental company, is reviewing its estimated £15 million pan-European advertising account.
The group plans to conduct chemistry meetings with agencies next week as part of a pitch process handled by Oystercatchers.
Avis Budget Group is planning to ramp up its investment in both the Avis and Budget brands. It is unclear whether only one agency will be appointed to handle advertising for both brands.
The group appointed Beta as the lead digital agency for Avis and Budget earlier this month. The shop was tasked with delivering a strategic plan for creative digital retail and brand messaging for the two brands.
Avis’ incumbent agency in the UK is McCann Birmingham, while Budget has worked with Atomized Entertainment in the past. Leo Burnett handles Avis’ advertising in the US, which is not affected by the review.
Avis recently dropped its renowned "We try harder" tagline in the US, which has been synonymous with the brand for more than 50 years. It rolled out a new tagline, "It’s your space", targeted at business travellers and created by Leo Burnett USA’s New York arm, Leo Burnett Business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PPC Lead - Leading Dig Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [BTL / Promotions / Digital] - £45k - £50k + bonus! Fill Recruitment £45k - £50k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Account Director [Contract] - BTL / Promotions - European role - to £50k pro rata Fill Recruitment to £50k pro rata, plus bonus and superb benefits., London (Greater)
- Biddable Account Manager - Award Winning Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control