Avis kicks off £15m pan-Euro ad review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 08:00AM
Avis Budget Group, the car-rental company, is reviewing its estimated £15 million pan-European advertising account.
The group plans to conduct chemistry meetings with agencies next week as part of a pitch process handled by Oystercatchers.
Avis Budget Group is planning to ramp up its investment in both the Avis and Budget brands. It is unclear whether only one agency will be appointed to handle advertising for both brands.
The group appointed Beta as the lead digital agency for Avis and Budget earlier this month. The shop was tasked with delivering a strategic plan for creative digital retail and brand messaging for the two brands.
Avis’ incumbent agency in the UK is McCann Birmingham, while Budget has worked with Atomized Entertainment in the past. Leo Burnett handles Avis’ advertising in the US, which is not affected by the review.
Avis recently dropped its renowned "We try harder" tagline in the US, which has been synonymous with the brand for more than 50 years. It rolled out a new tagline, "It’s your space", targeted at business travellers and created by Leo Burnett USA’s New York arm, Leo Burnett Business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Print & Digital Designer Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Client Director Daniel Marks London $130-180K salary (depending on experience), New York (City) (US)
- Global Strategy Director - New York Daniel Marks London $150-200K salary (depending on experience), New York (City) (US)
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure