Pharma group Merck calls £100m international media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 08:00AM
Merck, the global healthcare company, is set to review its estimated £100 million international media business.
It is understood that the review will focus on international markets excluding the US.
The client has contacted networks ahead of a review.
ZenithOptimedia handles UK media for Clarityn, which was awarded to the agency in 2008 when the brand was owned by Schering-Plough. It also looks after a range of Merck brands in Australia.
Initiative, which shares the US media account with its sister Interpublic agency DraftFCB, also has some of the business in Europe.
Interpublic was awarded the consolidated US business in March 2010, when Merck called a review after its merger with Schering-Plough.
Merck did not return calls when Campaign went to press.Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Classified Sales Executive - top household magazine! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £22000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Account Director Stopgap £43000 - £46000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £23,000 p.a., South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- European SBM Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy