ITV and Sky Media tipped to outperform 'falling market'
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 11:15AM
Media agencies expect the TV ad market to decline by between 2 and 3 per cent year on year in the final three months of 2012 - although ITV and Sky Media are both predicted to outperform the market across the quarter.
The TV market is expected to decline by around 3 per cent year on year in October, 2 per cent in November and between 2 and 5 per cent in December, according to agency sources. This is predicted to contribute to a 0.8 to 1 per cent decline in total TV ad revenue across 2012.
Sky Media has been tipped to outperform the ad market in all three months, particularly in October, when media agencies predict it will be the only TV ad sales house with year-on-year revenue growth. Although agencies believe that ITV's ad revenue could underperform the market slightly in October because smaller audiences for shows such as The X Factor could build up deal debt, it is expected to do well in November and outperform the market in December.
Most agencies believe that Channel 4 and Channel 5 could struggle, and many TV buyers suggest the latter's ad revenue could decline by double digits over the quarter.
Channel 5's TV ad revenue increased by more than 20 per cent year on year in 2011, but it has struggled to replicate the performance.
ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky Media all declined to comment.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad