Karmarama hires Hill to oversee planning
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 11:15AM
Karmarama has further boosted its senior team by hiring Dan Hill, AKQA's planning director on the agency's Nike account, as its first head of planning.
Hill was at AKQA for a year and worked across Nike globally, with responsibilities including the development of new digital products and services. He also played a key role in AKQA's office launch in Paris earlier this year.
Before that, he was the global planning director at Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam for two-and a-half years, again working as the lead strategist on the agency's Nike account.
At W&K, Hill worked on the Cannes Film Grand Prix-winning "write the future" campaign for the running-shoe brand, as well as on the agency's ESPN and EA Games accounts.
Sid McGrath, Karmarama's chief strategy officer, said: "Dan is the most progressive planner I've met for years, effortlessly combining brand thinking with technology and commerce. As the new head of planning at Karmarama, he will make our discipline more integrated, intuitive, interesting and mischievous."
The appointment follows Karmarama's summer hirings of Lawrence Weber from The Brookyln Brothers as the head of digital integration, David Pandit from Bartle Bogle Hegarty as the director of data and analytics, and Mark Harrison from Mother as the managing director of retail.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Studio Manager - late shift Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Digital and integrated producer needed Digital Gurus £32000 - £40000 Per Annum, London
- Senior Retail Marketing Manager - Sport Stopgap £45000 per annum, London
- Event Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata, London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed