Starcom appoints Arena's Glucklich as MD
Starcom MediaVest Group has poached Pippa Glucklich, the chief operating officer at Arena Media, to become the managing director of its Starcom unit.
Glucklich’s appointment ends the search for a replacement for Matt James, who announced he was leaving the agency in March to take the role of managing director of Mi9, a Microsoft joint venture in Australia.
Her departure is a blow to Arena, which has now lost four of its senior executives this year. Paul van Barthold, the previous chief operating officer, left in March and was replaced by Glucklich, who was promoted from managing director.
Dan Clays, its chief strategy officer, left to join OMD UK as its managing director in May and Sarah Heyworth, the head of planning, leaves at the end of the year.
In her new role, Glucklich, who spent 12 years at Arena after an eight-year spell at
Initiative, will lead an agency with clients including Honda, Samsung, Dreams and Premier Foods. She will report
to Stewart Easterbrook, the chief executive of Starcom MediaVest Group UK.
Easterbrook said: "I am absolutely thrilled to have someone of Pippa’s calibre joining us to lead Starcom as managing director. Pippa’s energy, vision and skills will be hugely valuable as Starcom continues its journey further into building meaningful, human experiences around our clients’ customers."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'