Starcom appoints Arena's Glucklich as MD
Starcom MediaVest Group has poached Pippa Glucklich, the chief operating officer at Arena Media, to become the managing director of its Starcom unit.
Glucklich’s appointment ends the search for a replacement for Matt James, who announced he was leaving the agency in March to take the role of managing director of Mi9, a Microsoft joint venture in Australia.
Her departure is a blow to Arena, which has now lost four of its senior executives this year. Paul van Barthold, the previous chief operating officer, left in March and was replaced by Glucklich, who was promoted from managing director.
Dan Clays, its chief strategy officer, left to join OMD UK as its managing director in May and Sarah Heyworth, the head of planning, leaves at the end of the year.
In her new role, Glucklich, who spent 12 years at Arena after an eight-year spell at
Initiative, will lead an agency with clients including Honda, Samsung, Dreams and Premier Foods. She will report
to Stewart Easterbrook, the chief executive of Starcom MediaVest Group UK.
Easterbrook said: "I am absolutely thrilled to have someone of Pippa’s calibre joining us to lead Starcom as managing director. Pippa’s energy, vision and skills will be hugely valuable as Starcom continues its journey further into building meaningful, human experiences around our clients’ customers."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Communications Manager Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager (Digital) - Dutch Speaking - Fashion Phenomenon Recruitment Revolution £25,000 - £35,000 per annum plus bonus, London (East), London (Greater)
- eCommerce Trading Manager - Fast Growing Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution Up to £35,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Paddy Power's Pistorius ad most-complained about in 2014
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign