Evening Standard website suffers torrid September
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 01:25PM
Standard.co.uk, the London Evening Standard's website, suffered a double digit fall in monthly users and average daily browsers in September, worse than any national newspaper website, according to the latest round of digital newspaper websites audited figures.
The Alexander Lebedev-backed Standard.co.uk reported total monthly users of 3,050,289 in September, down 21.41% on the previous month, according to September's ABC figures.
The Standard's website is a relative minnow compared to the national newspaper powerhouses of guardian.co.uk and MailOnline, as the Standard is viewed as a print-led brand.
However, such a big fall in monthly users will come as a blow to Standard.co.uk, particularly as September included part of the Paralympics, which should have drawn users to the website. The Standard’s website was also down 18.99% average daily browsers.
The Standard’s sister title, independent.co.uk was also hit badly in September, down 15.7% in monthly users to 16,306,316. That said, all the national newspaper websites endured a difficult month.
Across the rest of the market, the MailOnline suffered a September dip, down 3.95% in monthly browsers, to 101,545,466. In August, the MailOnline became the first newspaper site in the world to top 100 million unique monthly browsers.
The MailOnline is more than 35,000 monthly browsers ahead of second placed guardian.co.uk. Telegraph.co.uk was placed third and down 4.65% to 51,406,858 monthly browsers.
|ABC multi-platform report: September 2012|
|Certified figure Sept 2012||Monthly change (%)|
|Daily avg||Monthly total||Daily||Total mth|
|Mirror Group Digital||738,236||15,741,023||-12.07||-7.10|
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Team of Hands On Design Managers Required | 6 Month contract Salt £250 - £300 per day, Hertfordshire / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Manager - Fashion Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (North), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE DIRECTOR - SOUTH MANCHESTER - £90-100k + BONUS Salt £90000 - £100000 per annum, Cheshire / Greater Manchester / Merseyside
- Marketing Manager - Fashion Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits, London (North), London (Greater)