Samsung launches TV ad starring 143 David Baileys
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 09:09AM
Samsung is running a TV campaign starring 143 David Baileys from all over the UK as part of a multi-million campaign for its NX smart camera.
The David Baileys were recruited via a press and digital marketing campaign and include a priest from Tamworth, a teacher from Kent, and a plumber from Cambridge.
Cheil UK created the campaign that aims to democratise photography and show that the Samsung camera can make amazing pictures accessible to everyone.
The 30-second TV spot, produced by Rokkit and directed by Andrew Lang, features the David Baileys learning to use the camera and testing their skills at a catwalk show.
Television activity will run throughout November on channels including ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky, with media planning and buying by Starcom Mediavest.
Renowned photographer David Bailey has given the campaign his backing and said he found the idea of having "loads of Baileys all over the place taking pictures" appealing.
He said: "What makes it special is they aren't photographers, so the results will demonstrate how good the camera is, and I'm looking forward to seeing the shots taken by my namesakes."
Samsung is aiming its NX range of cameras at those with an interest in photography and who want to "graduate from a compact to a more 'professional'-style camera".
The range includes Wi-Fi connectivity and does not have "the cumbersome weight and design of an SLR".Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Pricing Analyst Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Senior customer & Market Intelligence Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Java Developer Project Manager @ Global Beverage Giant Digital Gurus £40000 - £55000 Per Annum Benefits + Bonus, Surrey
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show