Samsung launches TV ad starring 143 David Baileys
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 09:09AM
Samsung is running a TV campaign starring 143 David Baileys from all over the UK as part of a multi-million campaign for its NX smart camera.
The David Baileys were recruited via a press and digital marketing campaign and include a priest from Tamworth, a teacher from Kent, and a plumber from Cambridge.
Cheil UK created the campaign that aims to democratise photography and show that the Samsung camera can make amazing pictures accessible to everyone.
The 30-second TV spot, produced by Rokkit and directed by Andrew Lang, features the David Baileys learning to use the camera and testing their skills at a catwalk show.
Television activity will run throughout November on channels including ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky, with media planning and buying by Starcom Mediavest.
Renowned photographer David Bailey has given the campaign his backing and said he found the idea of having "loads of Baileys all over the place taking pictures" appealing.
He said: "What makes it special is they aren't photographers, so the results will demonstrate how good the camera is, and I'm looking forward to seeing the shots taken by my namesakes."
Samsung is aiming its NX range of cameras at those with an interest in photography and who want to "graduate from a compact to a more 'professional'-style camera".
The range includes Wi-Fi connectivity and does not have "the cumbersome weight and design of an SLR".Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- CRM and Segmentation Manager JV Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car + Excellent Benefits + Bonus, West Yorkshire / Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Account Director - B2B Technology Marketing Agency - Home Counties - £45k - £55k - NP108 Stonor £45k - £55k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire / Surrey
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Recruitment Consultant Ninesharp £21000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission - No Thresholds, Greater Manchester
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday