Strictly Come Dancing wins Saturday night ratings crown
ITV1's 'The X Factor' was beaten by 'Strictly Come Dancing' again on Saturday night, although the former continues to be the biggest commercial TV show by far on Saturday nights.
According to unofficial overnight viewers, ‘The X Factor’ lured in a peak audience of 9.06 million (or 9.4 million including ITV1 +1), compared to the peak of 10.84 million viewers who watched ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ on BBC One and BBC One HD.
Despite losing out to ‘Strictly’, ‘The X Factor’ was still the largest TV programme on a commercial channel by some margin, with an average audience of 8.07 million viewers, a 34.6% share, on ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 8.30pm and 10.15pm.
An additional 308,500 watched ‘The X Factor’ an hour later on ITV1 +1.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ attracted an average audience of 9.56 million viewers between 6.30pm and 8.15pm on BBC One and BBC One HD, a 43.5% share of the available audience.
The audiences for both ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and ‘The X Factor’ this weekend represented a decline from the previous week, when they peaked at 11.32 million and 9.26 million viewers respectively.
‘The Jonathan Ross Show’ received an average audience of 3.23 million viewers across ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 10.15pm and 11.15pm, an 18.3% share. An additional 243,800 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
The demise of Peter Capaldi’s Malcolm Tucker in the satire ‘The Thick of It’ got an average audience of 852,200 viewers across BBC Two and BBC HD between 9.30pm and 10pm on Saturday night.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Author Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Cambridge
- Account Director Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience, Cambridge