Confused.com launches YMCA-themed Christmas ad
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 12:05PM
Price comparison site Confused.com is launching a TV campaign featuring brand character Cara signing a Christmas spin on the song 'YMCA'.
The creative pushes the site’s Nectar promotion that offers customers 1,000 Nectar points for every car insurance policy they buy through Confused.com.
Lyrics in the ad includes the lines "Santa have you insured your sleigh? If not, why not? Let us show you the way".
The 30-second ad is set in a winter wonderland with an ice rink and a home with a Christmas tree and open fire.
Other previous brand characters feature in the advert, including Bertha playing the role of Father Christmas flying in her sleigh.
Fiona Creedon, head of advertising at Confused.com, said: "Christmas is an important time of the year and we wanted to create an advert that epitomises this and provides our customers with some festive cheer."
The price comparison site makes its ads in-house with production handled by New York-based animators Hornet.
Activity will launch on Sunday (4 November) and run until Wednesday 26 December, with media handling and buying by PHD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads