Confused.com launches YMCA-themed Christmas ad
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 12:05PM
Price comparison site Confused.com is launching a TV campaign featuring brand character Cara signing a Christmas spin on the song 'YMCA'.
The creative pushes the site’s Nectar promotion that offers customers 1,000 Nectar points for every car insurance policy they buy through Confused.com.
Lyrics in the ad includes the lines "Santa have you insured your sleigh? If not, why not? Let us show you the way".
The 30-second ad is set in a winter wonderland with an ice rink and a home with a Christmas tree and open fire.
Other previous brand characters feature in the advert, including Bertha playing the role of Father Christmas flying in her sleigh.
Fiona Creedon, head of advertising at Confused.com, said: "Christmas is an important time of the year and we wanted to create an advert that epitomises this and provides our customers with some festive cheer."
The price comparison site makes its ads in-house with production handled by New York-based animators Hornet.
Activity will launch on Sunday (4 November) and run until Wednesday 26 December, with media handling and buying by PHD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham