Confused.com launches YMCA-themed Christmas ad
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 12:05PM
Price comparison site Confused.com is launching a TV campaign featuring brand character Cara signing a Christmas spin on the song 'YMCA'.
The creative pushes the site’s Nectar promotion that offers customers 1,000 Nectar points for every car insurance policy they buy through Confused.com.
Lyrics in the ad includes the lines "Santa have you insured your sleigh? If not, why not? Let us show you the way".
The 30-second ad is set in a winter wonderland with an ice rink and a home with a Christmas tree and open fire.
Other previous brand characters feature in the advert, including Bertha playing the role of Father Christmas flying in her sleigh.
Fiona Creedon, head of advertising at Confused.com, said: "Christmas is an important time of the year and we wanted to create an advert that epitomises this and provides our customers with some festive cheer."
The price comparison site makes its ads in-house with production handled by New York-based animators Hornet.
Activity will launch on Sunday (4 November) and run until Wednesday 26 December, with media handling and buying by PHD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Campaign Project Manager Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Junior Comms Planning Manager required for Leading Media Agency Ultimate Asset £32000 per annum + great benefits package, London
- Entertainment brand - Comms Manager at top London media agency Ultimate Asset £35000 per annum, London
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas