Confused.com launches YMCA-themed Christmas ad
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 12:05PM
Price comparison site Confused.com is launching a TV campaign featuring brand character Cara signing a Christmas spin on the song 'YMCA'.
The creative pushes the site’s Nectar promotion that offers customers 1,000 Nectar points for every car insurance policy they buy through Confused.com.
Lyrics in the ad includes the lines "Santa have you insured your sleigh? If not, why not? Let us show you the way".
The 30-second ad is set in a winter wonderland with an ice rink and a home with a Christmas tree and open fire.
Other previous brand characters feature in the advert, including Bertha playing the role of Father Christmas flying in her sleigh.
Fiona Creedon, head of advertising at Confused.com, said: "Christmas is an important time of the year and we wanted to create an advert that epitomises this and provides our customers with some festive cheer."
The price comparison site makes its ads in-house with production handled by New York-based animators Hornet.
Activity will launch on Sunday (4 November) and run until Wednesday 26 December, with media handling and buying by PHD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne