Confused.com launches YMCA-themed Christmas ad
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 12:05PM
Price comparison site Confused.com is launching a TV campaign featuring brand character Cara signing a Christmas spin on the song 'YMCA'.
The creative pushes the site’s Nectar promotion that offers customers 1,000 Nectar points for every car insurance policy they buy through Confused.com.
Lyrics in the ad includes the lines "Santa have you insured your sleigh? If not, why not? Let us show you the way".
The 30-second ad is set in a winter wonderland with an ice rink and a home with a Christmas tree and open fire.
Other previous brand characters feature in the advert, including Bertha playing the role of Father Christmas flying in her sleigh.
Fiona Creedon, head of advertising at Confused.com, said: "Christmas is an important time of the year and we wanted to create an advert that epitomises this and provides our customers with some festive cheer."
The price comparison site makes its ads in-house with production handled by New York-based animators Hornet.
Activity will launch on Sunday (4 November) and run until Wednesday 26 December, with media handling and buying by PHD.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- CRM ANALYST - Luxury retail Success Digital negotiable, City of London
- Planning Director Dynamic New Alliances £100000 - £850000 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014