Taylors of Harrogate calls review of £4m media account
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 11:44AM
Taylors of Harrogate, the tea and coffee merchant that owns the Yorkshire Tea brand, has called a review its £4m media planning and buying account as it aims to consolidate its business into one agency.
The pitch includes Taylors of Harrogate coffee, the roast and ground coffee brand, and Yorkshire Tea, which, according to the company, have combined annual retail sales in excess of £100m.
Incumbent agencies MediaCom North and PHD North have been shortlisted alongside independent media agency the7stars and Goodstuff Communications to pitch for the account.
Simon Eyles, marketing director of Taylors of Harrogate, said: "Both our coffee and tea brands are performing exceptionally well. We have ambitious plans for the future, and recognise the pivotal role our communications and media partners will play.
"Our decision to review our media arrangements is to both consolidate our current requirements, but to primarily find an agency that can play a key role in developing exciting media plans in the future"
A brief to be sent to the competing agencies is set for mid-November, with pitches to be delivered mid-December.
Creative agency arrangements currently handled by BMB are not affected by the review.
In 2011, Eyles left his role as head of brand marketing at Asda for his new role at Taylors of Harrogate.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham