Asos shows off Ellie Goulding and Azelia Banks in global Christmas campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 11:13AM
Asos is today (29 October) launching its global Christmas campaign featuring singer Ellie Goulding and rapper Azelia Banks, in "shoppable films" that show off the brand's Christmas products.
The campaign has been created in-house in partnership with content product partner Future Collective and uses the messaging "#BestNightEver". Asos has partnered with Branient and Rehab Studio to deliver the work across online media platforms, with the added feature for consumers to shop direct from the videos.
The campaign features three videos that show Ellie Goulding, Azelia Banks and model Charlotte Free performing in separate executions that each allows consumers to use an interactive TV mechanic and switch channels to explore different outfits.
Both Goulding and Banks' videos use songs from their latest albums, and all three films have been directed by Luke Monaghan. He has previously directed promotional material for musicians Wretch 32 and Ed Sheeran, and was behind the Channel 4 documentary on Harlem rapper ASAP.
Asos chose Monaghan to direct the three films in order to mix the styles of music and fashion videos for the campaign. Future Collective handled production for the campaign, while Asos’s head of art, Patrick Waugh, and interim head of women’s wear content, Siobhen Mallen, also worked on the activity. Media planning and buying was handled by Carat.
Fiona Marshall, head of womenswear marketing, Asos, said: "As a digital brand, ASOS videos are a key part of the engaging customer experience, and Future Collective – who are efficient, creative and flexible – have been an integral partner as an extension of our in-house team, in helping us to deliver shareable, shoppable content for #BestNightEver over the Christmas peak trading period."
Asos launched short film about gangs of street artists in Sao Paolo, called 'Pixadores', in September, to showcase its autumn/winter collaboration between the brand and Puma.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile