'Stupid rivalry' between TV and internet is over, says Thinkbox's Alps
By Ben Hall and Sarah Johnson, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 08:00AM
VIDEO: The TV and internet industries are "working together much more closely," says Tess Alps, executive chairman of commercial TV advertising trade body Thinkbox.
Speaking at the IAB's Engage conference last week, Alps said the 'stupid rivalry' that existed between the two is gone and the tendency to assume the internet will be the death of TV has given way to an understanding of co-existence and mutual benefit.
Alps added that social media was making the live TV experience stronger and more of a human need.
"The need to be part of the conversation live," around TV shows like 'The X Factor' and 'Game of Thrones', she said, "means you watch live TV".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter