'Stupid rivalry' between TV and internet is over, says Thinkbox's Alps
VIDEO: The TV and internet industries are "working together much more closely," says Tess Alps, executive chairman of commercial TV advertising trade body Thinkbox.
Speaking at the IAB's Engage conference last week, Alps said the 'stupid rivalry' that existed between the two is gone and the tendency to assume the internet will be the death of TV has given way to an understanding of co-existence and mutual benefit.
Alps added that social media was making the live TV experience stronger and more of a human need.
"The need to be part of the conversation live," around TV shows like 'The X Factor' and 'Game of Thrones', she said, "means you watch live TV".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Major Players £50000 - £65000 per annum + excellent benefits and commission, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Executive/Manager SAVVY Media Ltd £25-38k, London (Greater)
- Group Head- Ad Tech, Programmatic Ultimate Asset £75000 - £85000 per annum + UNBEATABLE COMMISSION & benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Copywriter - Digital Agency Digital Gurus £23000 - £25000 Per Annum £23-25k, plus bens, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film