'Stupid rivalry' between TV and internet is over, says Thinkbox's Alps
By Ben Hall and Sarah Johnson, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 08:00AM
VIDEO: The TV and internet industries are "working together much more closely," says Tess Alps, executive chairman of commercial TV advertising trade body Thinkbox.
Speaking at the IAB's Engage conference last week, Alps said the 'stupid rivalry' that existed between the two is gone and the tendency to assume the internet will be the death of TV has given way to an understanding of co-existence and mutual benefit.
Alps added that social media was making the live TV experience stronger and more of a human need.
"The need to be part of the conversation live," around TV shows like 'The X Factor' and 'Game of Thrones', she said, "means you watch live TV".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital Communications Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief