'Stupid rivalry' between TV and internet is over, says Thinkbox's Alps
VIDEO: The TV and internet industries are "working together much more closely," says Tess Alps, executive chairman of commercial TV advertising trade body Thinkbox.
Speaking at the IAB's Engage conference last week, Alps said the 'stupid rivalry' that existed between the two is gone and the tendency to assume the internet will be the death of TV has given way to an understanding of co-existence and mutual benefit.
Alps added that social media was making the live TV experience stronger and more of a human need.
"The need to be part of the conversation live," around TV shows like 'The X Factor' and 'Game of Thrones', she said, "means you watch live TV".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus bonuses + benefits, Norwich
- Senior Account Manager [Integrated] - Superb Agency - £37k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £37k+, Central London
- Head of Creative Major Players negotiable, City of London
- Middle Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search £30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London