'Stupid rivalry' between TV and internet is over, says Thinkbox's Alps
By Ben Hall and Sarah Johnson, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 08:00AM
VIDEO: The TV and internet industries are "working together much more closely," says Tess Alps, executive chairman of commercial TV advertising trade body Thinkbox.
Speaking at the IAB's Engage conference last week, Alps said the 'stupid rivalry' that existed between the two is gone and the tendency to assume the internet will be the death of TV has given way to an understanding of co-existence and mutual benefit.
Alps added that social media was making the live TV experience stronger and more of a human need.
"The need to be part of the conversation live," around TV shows like 'The X Factor' and 'Game of Thrones', she said, "means you watch live TV".Follow @brproducers
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director Twist Recruitment £55000.00 - £650000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Content Manager/Editor Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned