Tesco culls New Covent Garden Soups
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 29 October 2012 01:44PM
Tesco has axed New Covent Garden Soup Co from its shelves, 12 months after the supermarket launched its own chilled soup.
Tesco today (29 October) confirmed that it had delisted the product, saying "we regularly review our range to reflect changes in the products our customers buy."
The delisting comes as New Covent Garden Soup Co has come under increased pressure from supermarket own-label ranges.
Tesco launched its own-label New York Soup Co a year ago, which is has expanded in recent weeks.
The news will come as a blow to the New Covent Garden Soup Co, a pioneer in fresh soup.
According to Nielsen, sales of New Covent Garden Soups were £54.7m in the year ending 2011, the second most-popular soup in the country behind Heinz, the market leader, with sales of £176.9m.
New Covent Garden Soup Co recently revamped its packaging and is launching a campaign, including TV ads, later this month.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design Recruitment Resourcer Tomorrow Recruitment £17000.00 - £19000 per annum + Commission OTE £23 - 27k, South East London
- Design Recruitment Consultant Tomorrow Recruitment £21000.00 - £25000.00 per annum + Commission OTE £33k - £45k, South East London
- Group Account Director, integrated, financial services, up to £65k The Industry Club London Ltd £55k - £65k, London (Central), London (Greater)