Merlin Entertainments promotes Nicky Marsh to divisional role
Merlin Entertainments has appointed Nicky Marsh as the marketing director of its "midway" division to lead its short-stay attractions, including waxworks Madame Tussauds.
Marsh, who takes up the newly created role this month, has been promoted from her position of global marketing director for Madame Tussauds. Her replacement on the waxwork brand is currently being sought.
Marsh will oversee the brand positioning and global marketing for Merlin Entertainment's "midway brands".
These are primarily indoor attractions that consumers will spend between two and three hours visiting, and include Madame Tussauds, the London Eye and the Blackpool Eye, Sea Life aquariums, Legoland Discovery Centres and the London Dungeon.
The global marketing directors for each of these brands will now report directly to Marsh, who in turn will report to Glenn Earlam, the managing director of Merlin Entertainment’s midway division.
Earlam said: "This is a very important role given our dynamic growth and the need to both ensure consistent brand propositions worldwide, while constantly looking to increase ‘the magic’ we provide."
The midway division sits alongside Merlin Entertainment's two other operating groups – Legoland parks and resort theme parks. The latter includes Alton Towers, Chessington World of Adventures and Thorpe Park brands.
The midway segment is the company's highest growth area, with six to seven attractions within the division opening globally each year.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager/Account Manager Stopgap £170 - £190 per day, London
- Account Manager - 3 months - ASAP start Stopgap £35000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager, charity, London, £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: +excellent benefits, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure