Immediate Media launches portfolio on Kindle Fire
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 10:12AM
Immediate Media Co is launching its magazine portfolio on Amazon App Store, a move timed for the European launch of the Kindle Fire tablet and Kindle Fire HD.
Launch titles including popular brands such as BBC History Magazine, Olive Magazine and BBC Worldwide-owned titles Top Gear and Lonely Planet Traveller come with a free trial subscription, recurring subscription options, and current and back issue purchases.
In addition to the initial Kindle Fire launch-day titles, 16 other brands from Immediate Media's portfolio will become available this week. The line-up will not include Radio Times or any children's magazines.
Immediate Media worked with London-based MagazineCloner to bring its titles to Amazon's new device.
Rebekah Billingsley, publishing director for mobile devices at Immediate Media, said: "With so much press and public interest in the new Kindle, we're delighted that Amazon is promoting several of our titles on its Newsstand, offering a 60-day free trial for BBC History, Olive, Gardeners' World and BBC Music, with BBC Wildlife soon to follow.
MagazineCloner.com claims to have more than 1,000 apps live on multiple platforms.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior Account Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits , Leeds
- Senior Planner Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits , Leeds
- Account Manager - Automotive client Adam Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester