Guinness sets out to double social fanbases
Guinness aims to double its Facebook and Twitter fanbases to 15 million in the next two years.
Grainne Wafer, the global strategy and communications director for the stout brand, said: "We have a community of around seven million in the digital space and we’ve an ambition to transform that to 15 million-plus over the next couple of years."
She earmarked the Guinness Storehouse visitor attraction, whose fourth floor has been undergone a social media revamp by Tribal DDB, as a key way to achieve this.
Wafer also revealed that the targeting women would be the "next opportunity" that Guinness would explore. She added: "Women is an interesting opportunity for us, in Africa we have a very strong female base, so we do think there are opportunities for us to extend our female base.This will be the next opportunity that we start to look into."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer Source £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Brand Planner Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Integrated Project Manager - Creative Agency £35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Executive Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Midweight UX Designer - Comparison Site Source £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'