Guinness sets out to double social fanbases
Guinness aims to double its Facebook and Twitter fanbases to 15 million in the next two years.
Grainne Wafer, the global strategy and communications director for the stout brand, said: "We have a community of around seven million in the digital space and we’ve an ambition to transform that to 15 million-plus over the next couple of years."
She earmarked the Guinness Storehouse visitor attraction, whose fourth floor has been undergone a social media revamp by Tribal DDB, as a key way to achieve this.
Wafer also revealed that the targeting women would be the "next opportunity" that Guinness would explore. She added: "Women is an interesting opportunity for us, in Africa we have a very strong female base, so we do think there are opportunities for us to extend our female base.This will be the next opportunity that we start to look into."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second