Guinness sets out to double social fanbases
Guinness aims to double its Facebook and Twitter fanbases to 15 million in the next two years.
Grainne Wafer, the global strategy and communications director for the stout brand, said: "We have a community of around seven million in the digital space and we’ve an ambition to transform that to 15 million-plus over the next couple of years."
She earmarked the Guinness Storehouse visitor attraction, whose fourth floor has been undergone a social media revamp by Tribal DDB, as a key way to achieve this.
Wafer also revealed that the targeting women would be the "next opportunity" that Guinness would explore. She added: "Women is an interesting opportunity for us, in Africa we have a very strong female base, so we do think there are opportunities for us to extend our female base.This will be the next opportunity that we start to look into."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Content Marketing Executive (utilities) ADLIB £22000 - £27000 per annum, Stroud
- Junior Designer become £22-27K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Quant AD or RM - Creative Boutique Hasson Associates £35,000 - £55,000 , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive-Analytics & CRM Galliard Homes £25-30k, Loughton, Essex
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy