Domino's Pizza enters movie-streaming fray
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 11:20AM
Domino's Pizza is to begin offering a movie-streaming service alongside its pizzas with the launch of its Domino's Pizza Box Office service.
The Domino's Pizza Box Office allows users to select a film from a catalogue on the main Domino's website.
Prices of films vary from £3.49 for newer films such as 'The Hunger Games', to £2.49 for older films such as 'Dirty Dancing'.
Customers can also get a discount on the films when they order a pizza.
The initiative is the result of a deal between Domino's Pizza and Lionsgate UK, the independent entertainment studio.
Customers can select from a choice of 60 titles and the films can be streamed to desktop computers, as well as mobile and tablet devices. The catalogue will be updated as new films come out.
The films for screening are available to stream at the same time that they are available to rent on DVD. Films available include 'Scream' and 'What to Expect When You're Expecting'.
Customers will be given a code with their pizza delivery, and movies can be streamed up to 48 hours later.
Domino's Pizza will support the launch of the service with a marketing campaign that launches tomorrow (31 October) across TV, outdoor and digital, developed by Big Communications.
The move apes Tesco, which in June ran a 'Movie & Meal' promotion with its online movie service BlinkBox.
Domino's Pizza enters a crowded online movie-streaming market, occupied by major retailers such as Tesco and Sainsbury's, and pure-play services including LoveFilm and Netflix. EE, the mobile operator, last week unveiled its plans for a movie-streaming service.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director OOH Planning Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (GERMAN) - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Digital Agency Sales - Fast growing student targeting business Ultimate Asset £26000 - £31000 per annum + Realistic OTE of £60k Uncapped!, London
- Senior Account Executive - Central London Agency Fill Recruitment to £25k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Director / Account Director Fill Recruitment to £45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign