Diageo takes Jeremiah Weed Brew onto TV
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 11:50AM
Diageo is running its first UK television ad for its Jeremiah Weed Brew range featuring a regular man and his laid-back pet alligator.
Creative by Johnny Fearless ends with the man and his pet enjoying a jar of Jeremiah Weed Brew in his local bar, alongside the strapline, "Can't explain it. Best just enjoy it. Jeremiah Weed Brew. It's what it is".
The 30-second spot breaks on Thursday (1 November) and will run throughout the month exclusively in Scotland, as part of a six-figure spend on the campaign.
Diageo says the campaign is focusing on Scotland because since launching the brand a year ago, research has shown that Scots have a "real passion for the brand with its distinctive jam jar glass and unconventional approach to life".
Creative will direct people to the brand's Facebook page where visitors stand the chance to win a Jeremiah Weed jam jar before 28 January 2013.
The range includes the Jeremiah Weed Root Brew and Sour Mash Brew variants.
Diageo's ginger-flavoured Root Brew will compete with Halewood International’s Crabbie's, while the Sour Mash Brew is bourbon-flavoured.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014