Man City virtual sticker app swaps footballers for fans
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 10:20AM
Manchester City Football Club has launched a Facebook app that lets fans superimpose their faces on top of images of players such as Mario Balotelli, to create their own virtual football sticker.
The City Stickers app by Fuse 8 allows Man City fans to swap a footballers' face with an image of their own.
Fans can choose between one of six City players, including Mario Balotelli, David Silva and Sergio Aguero. The final image can be shared with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Julian Pate, head of marketing at Manchester City, said: "We know fans like to get close to the players, but we thought it would be fun to take that one step further and give them the chance to become their favourite players – or at least see what they’d look like if they were."
Other digital marketing campaigns the club has run include a live post-match Twitter chat with captain Vincent Kompany, and a Spot the Balotelli campaign, using a 360-degree image of a game. Earlier this year it came 16th in Headstream’s 100 social brands ranking.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Marketing Assistant Brand Recruitment £17000 - £20000 per annum + great benefits, Hemel Hempstead
- Client Director, global branding agency, London, £80k Gabriele Skelton £75000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager British Swimming circa £36,000 per annum (dependent on experience), London (Greater)