VIDEO: EE talks branding at its new-look store
Steven Day, EE's chief of brand and communications, explains how its new logo represents its network as Marketing takes a tour of its flagship store in Oxford Street, freshly decked out in EE's turquoise, yellow and grey colours.
Today marks the official public launch, with 700 EE stores opening across the UK including stores previously branded either T-Mobile or Orange.
The stores colour scheme has been changed to EE's turquoise, yellow and grey.
Steven Day, chief of brand and communications at EE, told Marketing: "What we were thinking when we built the logo was that we wanted a way of representing our network and bringing that invisible thing to life which is always around us.
"We created an image of light, a series of dots and when you join the dots you get our logo, you get our typeface, you get our iconography and you get the whole vision of identity of our brand."
Chris Moody, creative director at international brand consultancy Wolff Olins, worked on the branding. He said: "It's very much more than a logo, I think it's a very rich digital system that allows you to have conversations with the consumers on the devices that they've got in store. It's a very playful but purposeful brand at the same time."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Freelance Web Developer Major Players £200 - £350 per day, City of London
- Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £50000.00 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014