Mike Cornwell to lead IDM
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 October 2012 03:02PM
Mike Cornwell, the former CEO of TBWA\GGT and MRM London, is to join the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (IDM) as CEO on 5 November.
The appointment follows the death of the IDM's managing director and founder, Professor Derek Holder, in February and the ensuing search for a CEO.
Cornwell said: "Having known Derek, and worked with him and the IDM for almost its entire existence, I'm extremely proud to have the opportunity to carry on the Institute's great work and the mission that makes it unique.
"The IDM has a 25-year heritage of developing forward-looking, leading-edge training and development for marketers, while continuing with its tireless charitable work in higher education to ensure a stream of bright young graduates continues to enter and invigorate the profession."
Caroline Worboys, chair of the IDM Trust, said: "Having launched businesses and led some of the most successful marketing agencies in the UK, Mike's strong leadership skills and deep understanding of the core disciplines of digital, direct and data-driven marketing make him a natural successor to Derek Holder, who shared the same passion for learning and vision for the future."
Cornwell will chair the IDM’s 25th anniversary Annual Lecture with Forrester on 8 November, where he will also present the 2012 IDM Honorary Life Fellowships.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned