Xbox takes over Liechtenstein for Halo 4 launch
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 31 October 2012 12:54PM
Xbox has replicated the universe from its 'Halo 4' game by transforming major Liechtenstein landmarks including the 13th century Gutenberg Castle and a working mine.
Halo fans from 16 different countries including the UK were given the chance to take part in a theatrical experience when they travelled to a Halo 'war zone', complete with pyrotechnic explosions and cinematic sound effects and sets.
The experience included 15 actors taking guests on a two-hour adventure that saw them decode a series of clues to fight off the threat of an attack.
Content from the experience will be seeded on social media channels including Facebook and YouTube. PR agency JCPR co-ordinated the journalists invited to the event.
Chris Lewis, vice-president of Microsoft EMEA's interactive entertainment business, said: "From the world's first-ever red-carpet premieres for a video game, to sending a man strapped to a jet-pack 50-foot above London's iconic skyline, 'Halo' launches have continually broken the mould and we are back with a colossal bang for 'Halo 4', transforming a country on the biggest scale imaginable.
Microsoft has already launched a trailer for the game, which was produced by film director David Fincher, the director of 'Fight Club', ahead of its launch on 6 November.
The 'Halo' franchise has sold 46 million copies worldwide since launch in 2001, with Microsoft estimating the franchise is worth $3bn (£1.9bn).Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer Ninesharp £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Sussex
- Head of PR, Luxury Travel, Surrey, £60-65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London (Greater) / Surrey
- Lead Promotions Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Weetabix Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Greater) / Northamptonshire / Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup