Xbox takes over Liechtenstein for Halo 4 launch
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 31 October 2012 12:54PM
Xbox has replicated the universe from its 'Halo 4' game by transforming major Liechtenstein landmarks including the 13th century Gutenberg Castle and a working mine.
Halo fans from 16 different countries including the UK were given the chance to take part in a theatrical experience when they travelled to a Halo 'war zone', complete with pyrotechnic explosions and cinematic sound effects and sets.
The experience included 15 actors taking guests on a two-hour adventure that saw them decode a series of clues to fight off the threat of an attack.
Content from the experience will be seeded on social media channels including Facebook and YouTube. PR agency JCPR co-ordinated the journalists invited to the event.
Chris Lewis, vice-president of Microsoft EMEA's interactive entertainment business, said: "From the world's first-ever red-carpet premieres for a video game, to sending a man strapped to a jet-pack 50-foot above London's iconic skyline, 'Halo' launches have continually broken the mould and we are back with a colossal bang for 'Halo 4', transforming a country on the biggest scale imaginable.
Microsoft has already launched a trailer for the game, which was produced by film director David Fincher, the director of 'Fight Club', ahead of its launch on 6 November.
The 'Halo' franchise has sold 46 million copies worldwide since launch in 2001, with Microsoft estimating the franchise is worth $3bn (£1.9bn).Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign