3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Volkswagen Polo "father daughter"
By Thinkbox, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 31 October 2012 08:00AM
This heart-warming TV ad positions the Volkswagen Polo as the small but tough car you can trust to protect your loved ones, as well as a car that will make you feel safe.
It opens with a couple bringing a new-born baby home and follows the development of the father's relationship with his growing daughter, from putting armbands on her at the swimming pool to meeting her first boyfriend. It ends with him giving her a Volkswagen Polo when she leaves home for university, and the strapline "Stay in safe hands. Polo. Small but tough."
Rod McLeod, head of marketing at Volkswagen, said: "As well as reinforcing all of the 'small but tough' qualities that people love about the Polo, we thought it was important to tell a story which drew people in emotionally and which viewers could connect with."
Framestore’s colourist Simon Bourne crafted a grade for each scene that takes viewers through an 18-year journey by using the grade to further enhance these heart-warming scenes with soft hues and contrast.
Executive creative director Jeremy Craigen worked on the ad with copywriter Tom Chancellor and art director Luke Flynn.
The ad was directed Thirtytwo, Will Lovelace and Dylan Southern, for DDB London and produced by Pulse. The music was specially recorded for the ad by music production company Sniffy Dog.
To see more films in this series, visit Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Royds Raphael £37k-£45k+ dep. on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- Senior Brand Manager - EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, West Midlands