Ferrero calls Tic Tac advertising review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 08:00AM
Ferrero is looking for an agency to handle UK advertising for its Tic Tac brand.
The confectionery company has been in contact with agencies to invite them to pitch for the business in a process handled through The Observatory.
Ferrero most recently worked with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, a roster agency, on Tic Tac. The shop was awarded the account in 2010 without a pitch.
WCRS, the previous incumbent, resigned the business in 2010, citing "creative differences". It had moved the brand away from its "Shake your Tic Tacs" strapline and introduced a "Full of refreshing little lifts" positioning.
Tic Tac was in the news in 2009 after a technical error meant that an ad for the brand interrupted coverage of an FA Cup fourth-round replay between Everton and Liverpool, just as Everton’s Dan Gosling scored the match-winning goal.
The brand subsequently released a tongue-in-cheek 20-second online film featuring men dressed up as orange and lime Tic Tacs re-enacting Gosling’s strike.
Tic Tac launched an online film in France in April called "worst breath on earth" by Ogilvy & Mather Paris, which went viral and clocked up more than 200,000 views on YouTube after its release.
RKCR/Y&R handles advertising for the main Ferrero brand, while Krow works on the Kinder Bueno business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ASPIRING ACCOUNT EXECUTIVES, SKILLED ACCOUNT MANAGERS & ACCOMPL Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Planning Director, £100k - £120k (could be more). Leading top 10 ATL / Advertising Agency MODA consult £100k - £120k, possibly more for the right candidate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned