Ferrero calls Tic Tac advertising review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 08:00AM
Ferrero is looking for an agency to handle UK advertising for its Tic Tac brand.
The confectionery company has been in contact with agencies to invite them to pitch for the business in a process handled through The Observatory.
Ferrero most recently worked with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, a roster agency, on Tic Tac. The shop was awarded the account in 2010 without a pitch.
WCRS, the previous incumbent, resigned the business in 2010, citing "creative differences". It had moved the brand away from its "Shake your Tic Tacs" strapline and introduced a "Full of refreshing little lifts" positioning.
Tic Tac was in the news in 2009 after a technical error meant that an ad for the brand interrupted coverage of an FA Cup fourth-round replay between Everton and Liverpool, just as Everton’s Dan Gosling scored the match-winning goal.
The brand subsequently released a tongue-in-cheek 20-second online film featuring men dressed up as orange and lime Tic Tacs re-enacting Gosling’s strike.
Tic Tac launched an online film in France in April called "worst breath on earth" by Ogilvy & Mather Paris, which went viral and clocked up more than 200,000 views on YouTube after its release.
RKCR/Y&R handles advertising for the main Ferrero brand, while Krow works on the Kinder Bueno business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham