Stuart Flint tipped for top Yahoo sales role
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 08:00AM
Yahoo is understood to be in advanced talks with Stuart Flint, the sales director at Virgin Media Digital Sales, over the role of UK and Ireland sales director.
Industry sources said that Flint is the preferred candidate for the post, which will report to James Wildman, Yahoo's UK managing director and vice-president of sales.
Flint has worked at Virgin Media's sales operation, and its predecessor, ids, since 2009. Before that, he was the sales director at Hearst Digital UK.
A former colleague of Wildman's at ids, Flint is the front runner for a role that is due to be vacated by Steve Brown.
Last month, Marissa Mayer, the chief executive of Yahoo, announced plans to focus on mobile and improve the company’s search, news and e-mail services.
Flint and Yahoo! declined to comment.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Weetabix Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Greater) / Northamptonshire / Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Lead Pricing Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Creative Production Controller | Maternity Nu Creative Talent negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup