Stuart Flint tipped for top Yahoo sales role
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 08:00AM
Yahoo is understood to be in advanced talks with Stuart Flint, the sales director at Virgin Media Digital Sales, over the role of UK and Ireland sales director.
Industry sources said that Flint is the preferred candidate for the post, which will report to James Wildman, Yahoo's UK managing director and vice-president of sales.
Flint has worked at Virgin Media's sales operation, and its predecessor, ids, since 2009. Before that, he was the sales director at Hearst Digital UK.
A former colleague of Wildman's at ids, Flint is the front runner for a role that is due to be vacated by Steve Brown.
Last month, Marissa Mayer, the chief executive of Yahoo, announced plans to focus on mobile and improve the company’s search, news and e-mail services.
Flint and Yahoo! declined to comment.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sales Manager - Huge tech driven travel business! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission and full benefits!, City of London
- Marketing Coordinator Â– Major Retailer ADLIB £20-25k DOE, Devon
- Digital Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £18000 - £22000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Red Sofa London £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Agency Sales Manager - programmatic Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'