Stuart Flint tipped for top Yahoo sales role
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 08:00AM
Yahoo is understood to be in advanced talks with Stuart Flint, the sales director at Virgin Media Digital Sales, over the role of UK and Ireland sales director.
Industry sources said that Flint is the preferred candidate for the post, which will report to James Wildman, Yahoo's UK managing director and vice-president of sales.
Flint has worked at Virgin Media's sales operation, and its predecessor, ids, since 2009. Before that, he was the sales director at Hearst Digital UK.
A former colleague of Wildman's at ids, Flint is the front runner for a role that is due to be vacated by Steve Brown.
Last month, Marissa Mayer, the chief executive of Yahoo, announced plans to focus on mobile and improve the company’s search, news and e-mail services.
Flint and Yahoo! declined to comment.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, Cheshire
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner Stopgap £60000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer/Artworker - 3D AF Selection £20,000 - £24,000, Derbyshire
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards