Stuart Flint tipped for top Yahoo sales role
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 08:00AM
Yahoo is understood to be in advanced talks with Stuart Flint, the sales director at Virgin Media Digital Sales, over the role of UK and Ireland sales director.
Industry sources said that Flint is the preferred candidate for the post, which will report to James Wildman, Yahoo's UK managing director and vice-president of sales.
Flint has worked at Virgin Media's sales operation, and its predecessor, ids, since 2009. Before that, he was the sales director at Hearst Digital UK.
A former colleague of Wildman's at ids, Flint is the front runner for a role that is due to be vacated by Steve Brown.
Last month, Marissa Mayer, the chief executive of Yahoo, announced plans to focus on mobile and improve the company’s search, news and e-mail services.
Flint and Yahoo! declined to comment.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood