Stuart Flint tipped for top Yahoo sales role
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 08:00AM
Yahoo is understood to be in advanced talks with Stuart Flint, the sales director at Virgin Media Digital Sales, over the role of UK and Ireland sales director.
Industry sources said that Flint is the preferred candidate for the post, which will report to James Wildman, Yahoo's UK managing director and vice-president of sales.
Flint has worked at Virgin Media's sales operation, and its predecessor, ids, since 2009. Before that, he was the sales director at Hearst Digital UK.
A former colleague of Wildman's at ids, Flint is the front runner for a role that is due to be vacated by Steve Brown.
Last month, Marissa Mayer, the chief executive of Yahoo, announced plans to focus on mobile and improve the company’s search, news and e-mail services.
Flint and Yahoo! declined to comment.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts