MediaVest lands Travelodge media
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:10AM
MediaVest has picked up the £3 million media planning and buying account for Travelodge, ending the hotel chain's relationship with Carat.
MediaVest will develop Travelodge's media activity, with a specific brief to help the brand grow market share by increasing its investment in digital channels.
Catriona Kempston, the sales and marketing director at Travelodge, worked with MediaVest in her previous role as the marketing director at Europcar.
Travelodge, which recently parted company with Rapier, does not currently use an ad agency, but the digital shop Underwired works with the brand.
Kempston said: "Our aim is to take our business into new consumer territories and steal market share from our competitors."
Earlier this year, Travelodge's chief executive, Guy Parsons, was replaced by the executive chairman, Grant Hearn, after a financial restructuring.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Search / Biddable Exec - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum up to £30,000 + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad