MediaVest lands Travelodge media
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:10AM
MediaVest has picked up the £3 million media planning and buying account for Travelodge, ending the hotel chain's relationship with Carat.
MediaVest will develop Travelodge's media activity, with a specific brief to help the brand grow market share by increasing its investment in digital channels.
Catriona Kempston, the sales and marketing director at Travelodge, worked with MediaVest in her previous role as the marketing director at Europcar.
Travelodge, which recently parted company with Rapier, does not currently use an ad agency, but the digital shop Underwired works with the brand.
Kempston said: "Our aim is to take our business into new consumer territories and steal market share from our competitors."
Earlier this year, Travelodge's chief executive, Guy Parsons, was replaced by the executive chairman, Grant Hearn, after a financial restructuring.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Interactive Digital Designer: (Mobile, Tablet, Web, Smartphone) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Digital Designer & Content Manager (Website, Rich Media) Creative Recruitment £33000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push