MediaVest lands Travelodge media
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:10AM
MediaVest has picked up the £3 million media planning and buying account for Travelodge, ending the hotel chain's relationship with Carat.
MediaVest will develop Travelodge's media activity, with a specific brief to help the brand grow market share by increasing its investment in digital channels.
Catriona Kempston, the sales and marketing director at Travelodge, worked with MediaVest in her previous role as the marketing director at Europcar.
Travelodge, which recently parted company with Rapier, does not currently use an ad agency, but the digital shop Underwired works with the brand.
Kempston said: "Our aim is to take our business into new consumer territories and steal market share from our competitors."
Earlier this year, Travelodge's chief executive, Guy Parsons, was replaced by the executive chairman, Grant Hearn, after a financial restructuring.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment Negotiable, Cambridge
- Account Manager Brand Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + benefits, Leicester
- Senior Designer / Design Lead Apple&Ink £38000 - £55,000 , London (East), London (Greater)
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- The Lad Bible publisher hires Mimi Turner as marketing director