MediaVest lands Travelodge media
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:10AM
MediaVest has picked up the £3 million media planning and buying account for Travelodge, ending the hotel chain's relationship with Carat.
MediaVest will develop Travelodge's media activity, with a specific brief to help the brand grow market share by increasing its investment in digital channels.
Catriona Kempston, the sales and marketing director at Travelodge, worked with MediaVest in her previous role as the marketing director at Europcar.
Travelodge, which recently parted company with Rapier, does not currently use an ad agency, but the digital shop Underwired works with the brand.
Kempston said: "Our aim is to take our business into new consumer territories and steal market share from our competitors."
Earlier this year, Travelodge's chief executive, Guy Parsons, was replaced by the executive chairman, Grant Hearn, after a financial restructuring.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film