MediaVest lands Travelodge media
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:10AM
MediaVest has picked up the £3 million media planning and buying account for Travelodge, ending the hotel chain's relationship with Carat.
MediaVest will develop Travelodge's media activity, with a specific brief to help the brand grow market share by increasing its investment in digital channels.
Catriona Kempston, the sales and marketing director at Travelodge, worked with MediaVest in her previous role as the marketing director at Europcar.
Travelodge, which recently parted company with Rapier, does not currently use an ad agency, but the digital shop Underwired works with the brand.
Kempston said: "Our aim is to take our business into new consumer territories and steal market share from our competitors."
Earlier this year, Travelodge's chief executive, Guy Parsons, was replaced by the executive chairman, Grant Hearn, after a financial restructuring.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Paid Search Manager (Chinese market) - London - £45K + benefits Salt £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Online Marketing Manager - London - up to £43,000 Salt £40000 - £43000 per annum + benefits, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account