Friday to handle Vodafone Euro task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:20AM
Vodafone has appointed the independent agency Friday to handle its pan-European digital account.
Friday, which won the business after a pitch through AAR, will be responsible for developing Vodafone's online user experience and digital strategy across major markets in Europe. This will then be implemented in specific markets by Vodafone's local shops.
Vodafone does not currently retain an agency in this international role. Separately, the telecoms giant's review of its UK digital agency roster is ongoing.
The bulk of Vodafone's non-digital advertising account is handled by WPP via its dedicated Team Red unit. WPP's grip on Vodafone's ad business was strengthened last year with the appointment of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to its £47 million account.
However, the Omnicom network OMD handles Vodafone's media planning and buying.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'