Friday to handle Vodafone Euro task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:20AM
Vodafone has appointed the independent agency Friday to handle its pan-European digital account.
Friday, which won the business after a pitch through AAR, will be responsible for developing Vodafone's online user experience and digital strategy across major markets in Europe. This will then be implemented in specific markets by Vodafone's local shops.
Vodafone does not currently retain an agency in this international role. Separately, the telecoms giant's review of its UK digital agency roster is ongoing.
The bulk of Vodafone's non-digital advertising account is handled by WPP via its dedicated Team Red unit. WPP's grip on Vodafone's ad business was strengthened last year with the appointment of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to its £47 million account.
However, the Omnicom network OMD handles Vodafone's media planning and buying.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Client Associate - London Adam Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Integrated Media Planner Adam Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Preston
- Comms Manager-Entertainment Account- Worldwide media agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Head Of Communications - PR and Digital Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'