Friday to handle Vodafone Euro task
Vodafone has appointed the independent agency Friday to handle its pan-European digital account.
Friday, which won the business after a pitch through AAR, will be responsible for developing Vodafone's online user experience and digital strategy across major markets in Europe. This will then be implemented in specific markets by Vodafone's local shops.
Vodafone does not currently retain an agency in this international role. Separately, the telecoms giant's review of its UK digital agency roster is ongoing.
The bulk of Vodafone's non-digital advertising account is handled by WPP via its dedicated Team Red unit. WPP's grip on Vodafone's ad business was strengthened last year with the appointment of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to its £47 million account.
However, the Omnicom network OMD handles Vodafone's media planning and buying.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Group Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Junior + Middleweight Designer Purple Consultancy £23000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Midweight Flash Designer Purple Consultancy £240 per day, London
- Midweight Flash Designer Purple Consultancy £250 per day, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad