Volkswagen signs deal with C4 for branded music show
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:55AM
Volkswagen has invested in branded content with a new music show on Channel 4 to promote the VW Beetle.
The music series, called Abbey Road Studios: In Session With Volkswagen Beetle, was created by Channel 4 in partnership with the producer Michael Gleason.
MediaCom Beyond Advertising, the content arm of VW's media agency, MediaCom, has created an integrated campaign to support the eight-episode series, which begins on 14 November with Paul Weller featuring in the debut show.
The Channel 4 deal follows a recent TV ad campaign, by Adam & Eve/DDB, to promote the new VW Beetle. The agency has also created social media activity to support the new Channel 4 series.
Activity on Spotify asks users to add tracks to a "VW Beetle iconic tracks" playlist for the chance to win a ticket to the Weller session. This is supported by advertising on Spotify and Facebook.
The series will be promoted by on-air activity on Channel 4, created by The Outfit, throughout the first two weeks of November. There will also be pre-rolls and additional short-form video content online.
Nick Cohen, the head of MediaCom Beyond Advertising, said: "Abbey Road Studios has a unique place in the hearts of music fans everywhere, and we're delighted to be working with Volkswagen on this campaign."Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Brand Lead - Contract Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Liverpool
- Community Manager Major Players £120 - £125 per day, London
- Senior Marketing Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall