Campaign Viral Chart: Stars of the screen boost Movember and Call of Duty sharing
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 November 2012 08:00AM
A Guy Richie-directed 'Black Ops II' ad featuring Robert Downey Jr and Jack Black takes the top spot this week while a 'moustache growing' tutorial for the Movember movement also features.
As men the world over attempt to grow facial hair in support of charity, star of American TV and cinema Nick Offerman gives valuable tips to speed the process - including studying with Tibetan monks, washing with whale oil and eating a raw onion.
The ad, created by Brake Media/Made Man, has been shared 38,997 times and ranks in eight place.
Topping the chart, an ad by 72andSunny for Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops II, was shared 265,013 times.
Directed by Guy Ritchie, the ad stars actors Robert Downey Jr, Jack Black and Zach Galafianakis.
The launch trailer for the same game features in tenth place, shared 36,703 times and viewed 6.3 million times.
Elsewhere in the chart, two ads for Barack Obama's presidential campaign, and one for Mitt Romney's, appear in the most shared chart just days before the close of the election.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks, visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. Activision 'Call of Duty: Black Ops II live action trailer' by 72andSunny
265,013 shares this week
All time: 287,370 shares
2. LG 'so real it's scary' by Superheroes
146,838 shares this week
All time: 377,568 shares
3. Coke Zero 'unlock the 007 in you' by Duval Guillame Modem
126,195 shares this week
All time: 835,181 shares
4. Obama Biden 'your first time' by Obama For America
123,935 shares this week
All time: 131,683 shares
5. Icebreaker.com 'craziest Halloween scare' created in-house
114,049 shares this week
All time: 119,728 shares
6. Go Pro 'Hero 3' created in-house
87,517 shares this week
All time: 814,162 shares
7. Romney Ryan 'momentum' by Romney for President, Inc.
76,058 shares this week
All time: 152,082 shares
8. Movember 'how to grow a better moustache' by Brake Media/Made Man
38,997 shares this week
All time: 62,850 shares
9. Obama Biden 'A very quick look at Obama's first term' by Obama For America
37,478 shares this week
All time: 51,848 shares
10. Activision 'Call of Duty: Black Ops II launch trailer' created in-house
36,703 shares this week
All time: 120,080 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy