Knorr debuts jelly gravy pots from brand chef Igor Zago
Knorr, the Unilever-owned food brand, is launching its first marketing push for a new product, jelly format gravy pots, featuring brand ambassador and chef Igor Zago.
The ad is created by DLKW/Lowe and breaks on Monday (4 November). It opens with Zago making his own gravy, seen through a grainy lens that makes the film appear to have been pulled from an archive.
Zago says in a voiceover: "Remember how good home-made gravy used to taste? With real meat juices slowly simmered for that delicious home-cooked taste. That was my inspiration for new Knorr gravy pots."
The film then cuts to the present day and shows Zago cooking with the new pots, ending with the line, "Tastes just like home made." The campaign is supported by digital and PR work.
The ad is part of Knorr’s overall £3m marketing campaign for 2012, which includes ads and tie-ups with chef Marco Pierre White.
Vanni Cataldi, brand manager, Knorr Gravy, Unilever UK, said: "We wanted to create an advert to communicate the strong taste and flavour credentials of the new Knorr Gravy Pot range, as well as highlighting the easy-to-use format that has been made so popular with Knorr Stock Pots.
"The gravy sector is currently worth over £129m and is in strong growth at 5.1%. We're confident that our innovative Knorr Gravy Pot range will bring double-digit growth to the gravy market, as consumer interest in alternative formats that offer strong taste credentials remains strong."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Performance Manager Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£350 per day, West End
- POS Marketing Manager Ninesharp Ã‚£180 - Ã‚£200 per day, Watford
- FREELANCE Account Director - BTL / Promotions - European role - to £50k pro rata - 1 YR Contract Fill Recruitment to £50k pro rata, plus bonus and superb benefits., London (Greater)
- Digital Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy Ã‚£48000 - Ã‚£60000 per annum + car allowance and bonus, Berkshire
- Global Business Intelligence Analyst- FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy Ã‚£33000.00 - Ã‚£38000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton