Knorr debuts jelly gravy pots from brand chef Igor Zago
Knorr, the Unilever-owned food brand, is launching its first marketing push for a new product, jelly format gravy pots, featuring brand ambassador and chef Igor Zago.
The ad is created by DLKW/Lowe and breaks on Monday (4 November). It opens with Zago making his own gravy, seen through a grainy lens that makes the film appear to have been pulled from an archive.
Zago says in a voiceover: "Remember how good home-made gravy used to taste? With real meat juices slowly simmered for that delicious home-cooked taste. That was my inspiration for new Knorr gravy pots."
The film then cuts to the present day and shows Zago cooking with the new pots, ending with the line, "Tastes just like home made." The campaign is supported by digital and PR work.
The ad is part of Knorr’s overall £3m marketing campaign for 2012, which includes ads and tie-ups with chef Marco Pierre White.
Vanni Cataldi, brand manager, Knorr Gravy, Unilever UK, said: "We wanted to create an advert to communicate the strong taste and flavour credentials of the new Knorr Gravy Pot range, as well as highlighting the easy-to-use format that has been made so popular with Knorr Stock Pots.
"The gravy sector is currently worth over £129m and is in strong growth at 5.1%. We're confident that our innovative Knorr Gravy Pot range will bring double-digit growth to the gravy market, as consumer interest in alternative formats that offer strong taste credentials remains strong."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- DIGITAL DESIGNER (Fashion, Conceptual, Web, Tablet, Mobile) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Business Development Manager Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and benefits , London
- Marketing Manager Aspire £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Project Manager Gabriele Skelton £25000 - £29000 per annum + benefits, London