Daily Diary - pulp fiction?
campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 05 November 2012 08:00AM
Getting ready for a pitch can be nerve racking for even the most experienced of people, as demonstrated by MPG's head of insight, Bill Dorris.
While taking part in pitch rehearsal being filmed just before the big event, Dorris decided to boost his vitamin C levels with a fresh Pret a Manger Orange Juice.
Despite a warning from his colleague, one rigorous hand shake too many saw the contents of the drink completely soak colleague and insight manager, Doug Whelpdale, his jumper and very expensive watch.
Whelpdale was assured the episode wasn't a stunt and was really an accident.
Unfortunately, the pitch wasn’t for an orange juice brand because otherwise we're sure Whelpdale’s insight would have been very appealing.
If you have a daily diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director Purple Consultancy £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Forward Thinking Senior Digital Project/ Account Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £52000 per annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.