Lord Sugar and Michael O'Leary negotiate Ryanair ad deal
Lord Sugar and Michael O'Leary have agreed a deal for Ryanair to run the first international ad campaign with localised content across Sugar's Amscreen digital outdoor network.
The deal, which was negotiated between Sugar and O’Leary personally, will begin with ads promoting Ryanair's lowest-price messaging on screens close to the airline's airports in the UK, Germany and Poland.
Ryanair will use Amscreen's Adlive service, which allows a single creative execution to be modified locally using an online portal, to deliver an international campaign with locally controlled content.
The campaign, which will be designed by Ryanair's in-house team, is expected to expand to Switzerland, Austria and other European countries as Amscreen expands.
O’Leary, chief executive of Ryanair, said: "Ryanair has never advertised in this way before, but doing it with Amscreen is a total no-brainer. We can get tailored low-price messages out to millions of potential customers across Europe, at the touch of a button.
"The best thing is if I am sitting at my desk in Dublin and decide that I want to take down the price of flights out of Germany, we can get that ad onto a screen in Berlin within minutes.
"I'm delighted we've come to this arrangement with Lord Sugar and am confident it will deliver immediate real results for Ryanair."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Strategist Stopgap £55000 - £60000 per annum + bens, London