First look: EE ad with Kevin Bacon
EE, the brand previously known as Everything Everywhere, has unveiled its first multi-million pound TV ad campaign by Saatchi & Saatchi starring Hollywood A-lister, Kevin Bacon.
The first 115-second ad, which launches tomorrow during The X Factor on ITV, will promote the UK’s first superfast 4G mobile and Fibre Broadband service.
Inspired by the six degrees of Kevin Bacon concept, the ad sees Kevin Bacon show how he’s linked to people from all over the world - from Tom Hanks to Ken Barlow from Coronation Street – and informs viewers how they can become just like him by joining a connected network.
The TV ad will be followed by four other TV spots, also featuring Bacon, which will air across the rest of the year and into 2013. The campaign will also run across press, digital and outdoor media.
A 65-second cut-down of the launch film will air on cinema screens nationwide for four weeks, before being replaced with a new 65-second spot promoting EE Film Club, featuring five of Bacon’s best-known movie characters debating which film to see at the cinema.
Rob Potts and Andy Jex were the executive creative directors on the ad. Potts was also the copywriter and Jex was the art director. The ad was directed by Ringan Ledwidge. Rattling Stick was the production company behind the spot.
The fully integrated campaign includes social and digital elements created by Poke. Publicis Chemistry handled the direct mail, retail and parts of the digital communications. MEC handled the media planning and buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Assistant / Junior PR Account Executive AF Selection £15,000 - £17,000 depending on experience, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham