John Lewis marketer Craig Inglis presents three great ads he had nothing to do with
Television ads for Robinsons, Volkswagen Polo and Stella Artois have been singled out by John Lewis' multi-award winning marketing director Craig Inglis for being three great ads in recent years.
Inglis, who continues to enjoy success with his John Lewis campaigns, most recently snatching the Grand Prix at the 2012 IPA Effectiveness Awards last week, reveals his emotional side during this short video created in association with Thinkbox and Brand Republic.
Robinsons' Wimbledon ad created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty in 2009 is celebrated for conveying the "raw, excruciating emotion" often felt by sports fans.
The father of three admits Volkswagen's Polo ad by DDB London "hit him right between the eyes". Its treatment is described as both "subtle" and "authentic", and the man behind the Morrisey-infused Christmas 2011 tear-jerker confesses, this one "made me cry".
For his third choice, Inglis steps back to 2005 and what he dubs "a classic" from Stella Artois, by Lowe London. The Skating Priests ad is credited for being "shot so amazingly" and the quality of acting described as "incredibly rare to find in a commercial".
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Stopgap competitive, London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Royds Raphael £35k-£45k+bonus+benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4