John Lewis marketer Craig Inglis presents three great ads he had nothing to do with
Television ads for Robinsons, Volkswagen Polo and Stella Artois have been singled out by John Lewis' multi-award winning marketing director Craig Inglis for being three great ads in recent years.
Inglis, who continues to enjoy success with his John Lewis campaigns, most recently snatching the Grand Prix at the 2012 IPA Effectiveness Awards last week, reveals his emotional side during this short video created in association with Thinkbox and Brand Republic.
Robinsons' Wimbledon ad created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty in 2009 is celebrated for conveying the "raw, excruciating emotion" often felt by sports fans.
The father of three admits Volkswagen's Polo ad by DDB London "hit him right between the eyes". Its treatment is described as both "subtle" and "authentic", and the man behind the Morrisey-infused Christmas 2011 tear-jerker confesses, this one "made me cry".
For his third choice, Inglis steps back to 2005 and what he dubs "a classic" from Stella Artois, by Lowe London. The Skating Priests ad is credited for being "shot so amazingly" and the quality of acting described as "incredibly rare to find in a commercial".
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood