John Lewis marketer Craig Inglis presents three great ads he had nothing to do with
Television ads for Robinsons, Volkswagen Polo and Stella Artois have been singled out by John Lewis' multi-award winning marketing director Craig Inglis for being three great ads in recent years.
Inglis, who continues to enjoy success with his John Lewis campaigns, most recently snatching the Grand Prix at the 2012 IPA Effectiveness Awards last week, reveals his emotional side during this short video created in association with Thinkbox and Brand Republic.
Robinsons' Wimbledon ad created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty in 2009 is celebrated for conveying the "raw, excruciating emotion" often felt by sports fans.
The father of three admits Volkswagen's Polo ad by DDB London "hit him right between the eyes". Its treatment is described as both "subtle" and "authentic", and the man behind the Morrisey-infused Christmas 2011 tear-jerker confesses, this one "made me cry".
For his third choice, Inglis steps back to 2005 and what he dubs "a classic" from Stella Artois, by Lowe London. The Skating Priests ad is credited for being "shot so amazingly" and the quality of acting described as "incredibly rare to find in a commercial".
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Mid-weight / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection £50K + excellent benefits including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER ADVERTISING AGENCY Barker Graves £30K, london
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £32k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards