John Lewis marketer Craig Inglis presents three great ads he had nothing to do with
Television ads for Robinsons, Volkswagen Polo and Stella Artois have been singled out by John Lewis' multi-award winning marketing director Craig Inglis for being three great ads in recent years.
Inglis, who continues to enjoy success with his John Lewis campaigns, most recently snatching the Grand Prix at the 2012 IPA Effectiveness Awards last week, reveals his emotional side during this short video created in association with Thinkbox and Brand Republic.
Robinsons' Wimbledon ad created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty in 2009 is celebrated for conveying the "raw, excruciating emotion" often felt by sports fans.
The father of three admits Volkswagen's Polo ad by DDB London "hit him right between the eyes". Its treatment is described as both "subtle" and "authentic", and the man behind the Morrisey-infused Christmas 2011 tear-jerker confesses, this one "made me cry".
For his third choice, Inglis steps back to 2005 and what he dubs "a classic" from Stella Artois, by Lowe London. The Skating Priests ad is credited for being "shot so amazingly" and the quality of acting described as "incredibly rare to find in a commercial".
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show