John Lewis marketer Craig Inglis presents three great ads he had nothing to do with
Television ads for Robinsons, Volkswagen Polo and Stella Artois have been singled out by John Lewis' multi-award winning marketing director Craig Inglis for being three great ads in recent years.
Inglis, who continues to enjoy success with his John Lewis campaigns, most recently snatching the Grand Prix at the 2012 IPA Effectiveness Awards last week, reveals his emotional side during this short video created in association with Thinkbox and Brand Republic.
Robinsons' Wimbledon ad created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty in 2009 is celebrated for conveying the "raw, excruciating emotion" often felt by sports fans.
The father of three admits Volkswagen's Polo ad by DDB London "hit him right between the eyes". Its treatment is described as both "subtle" and "authentic", and the man behind the Morrisey-infused Christmas 2011 tear-jerker confesses, this one "made me cry".
For his third choice, Inglis steps back to 2005 and what he dubs "a classic" from Stella Artois, by Lowe London. The Skating Priests ad is credited for being "shot so amazingly" and the quality of acting described as "incredibly rare to find in a commercial".
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers