EasyJet recruits OMD's Cairns to senior marketing role
EasyJet has recruited Ian Cairns as its head of brand and marketing communications as it looks to strengthen its presence across Europe.
Cairns will take up the position in January and report to marketing director Peter Duffy. His current role is board director at media agency OMD.
The role is an extension of the head of marketing operations position, formerly held by James Lee, who left the carrier earlier this month to return to his native New Zealand.
Cairns will oversee easyJet’s communications programmes in the region, and all the airline’s European marketing managers will report to him.
EasyJet last month completed an overhaul of its CRM programme, and launched the latest phase of its ‘Europe by easyJet’ brand campaign in the UK, France, Italy and Switzerland.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Manager Stopgap £32000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Email Marketing Executive Guru Careers Competitive (DOE), Based in London (EC3)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account