Hiscox hires Will Abbott as UK marketing director
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 November 2012 08:00AM
Freesat marketer Will Abbott is to join insurance brand Hiscox in January as its UK marketing director.
Abbott will report to Kate Markham, head of UK Direct at the company. He fills the role left vacant by Annabel Venner, who was promoted to a global marketing role in September.
Abbott joined free-to-air digital satellite TV provider Freesat's launch team as marketing and communications director four years ago.
Before that, he had held senior marketing roles at Complan Foods and BSkyB. Freesat is yet to name a replacement for Abbott.
His departure comes as the brand faces tough competition in the TV market. In September, Freesat launched its 'next-generation' set-top box, which undercuts catch-up service YouView's price by £20.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £55k, London, Central
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media