Hiscox hires Will Abbott as UK marketing director
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 November 2012 08:00AM
Freesat marketer Will Abbott is to join insurance brand Hiscox in January as its UK marketing director.
Abbott will report to Kate Markham, head of UK Direct at the company. He fills the role left vacant by Annabel Venner, who was promoted to a global marketing role in September.
Abbott joined free-to-air digital satellite TV provider Freesat's launch team as marketing and communications director four years ago.
Before that, he had held senior marketing roles at Complan Foods and BSkyB. Freesat is yet to name a replacement for Abbott.
His departure comes as the brand faces tough competition in the TV market. In September, Freesat launched its 'next-generation' set-top box, which undercuts catch-up service YouView's price by £20.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director - Retail - £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Central London
- Studio Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £23,000, West Midlands
- Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection £20,000 - £25,000, South Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith