NME Awards partners with Spotify
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 November 2012 12:00PM
Music-streaming service Spotify has signed up as official digital music partner of the NME Awards 2013.
Spotify will provide the soundtrack for 2013's NME Awards, giving music fans the opportunity to listen to playlists featuring NME-nominated bands and exclusive artist playlists.
Spotify will also be the official sponsor of the Best New Band award, previous winners of which have included Bombay Bicycle Club, Hurts and The Vaccines.
According to NME, this step marks the next phase of a "strong partnership" after a year that saw the NME app launch on Spotify and a collaboration to host the NME Spotify Signing Tent at the Reading and Leeds festivals.
Nikki Lambert, European marketing director at Spotify, said: "As one of the most respected music editorial voices in the world, we are very excited to continue to strengthen our relationship with NME through our partnership with the 2013 NME Awards. We'll be showcasing and celebrating the nominated bands and sharing some exciting exclusive music content over the coming weeks and months."
The NME Awards event takes place on Wednesday 27 February 2013 at East London venue, Troxy.
NME recently announced that it would be launching its Club NME showcase for new talent in Brazil.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director, maternity contract - high end creative for fashion, retail, luxury Story Recruitment £45-50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood