NME Awards partners with Spotify
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 November 2012 12:00PM
Music-streaming service Spotify has signed up as official digital music partner of the NME Awards 2013.
Spotify will provide the soundtrack for 2013's NME Awards, giving music fans the opportunity to listen to playlists featuring NME-nominated bands and exclusive artist playlists.
Spotify will also be the official sponsor of the Best New Band award, previous winners of which have included Bombay Bicycle Club, Hurts and The Vaccines.
According to NME, this step marks the next phase of a "strong partnership" after a year that saw the NME app launch on Spotify and a collaboration to host the NME Spotify Signing Tent at the Reading and Leeds festivals.
Nikki Lambert, European marketing director at Spotify, said: "As one of the most respected music editorial voices in the world, we are very excited to continue to strengthen our relationship with NME through our partnership with the 2013 NME Awards. We'll be showcasing and celebrating the nominated bands and sharing some exciting exclusive music content over the coming weeks and months."
The NME Awards event takes place on Wednesday 27 February 2013 at East London venue, Troxy.
NME recently announced that it would be launching its Club NME showcase for new talent in Brazil.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham