NME Awards partners with Spotify
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 November 2012 12:00PM
Music-streaming service Spotify has signed up as official digital music partner of the NME Awards 2013.
Spotify will provide the soundtrack for 2013's NME Awards, giving music fans the opportunity to listen to playlists featuring NME-nominated bands and exclusive artist playlists.
Spotify will also be the official sponsor of the Best New Band award, previous winners of which have included Bombay Bicycle Club, Hurts and The Vaccines.
According to NME, this step marks the next phase of a "strong partnership" after a year that saw the NME app launch on Spotify and a collaboration to host the NME Spotify Signing Tent at the Reading and Leeds festivals.
Nikki Lambert, European marketing director at Spotify, said: "As one of the most respected music editorial voices in the world, we are very excited to continue to strengthen our relationship with NME through our partnership with the 2013 NME Awards. We'll be showcasing and celebrating the nominated bands and sharing some exciting exclusive music content over the coming weeks and months."
The NME Awards event takes place on Wednesday 27 February 2013 at East London venue, Troxy.
NME recently announced that it would be launching its Club NME showcase for new talent in Brazil.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Qualitative Associate Director PSD Group Circa £50K + package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Digital Designers Source £250 - £425 per day, London
- Marketing Communications Executive Stopgap £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Paid Search (PPC) Account Manager - London - up to £29K basic Adam Recruitment £25000 - £29000 per annum, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign