First look: Marks & Spencer's Christmas ad
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 06 November 2012 12:50PM
Marks & Spencer has gone for a music video approach for its Christmas ad, following up last year's effort featuring the 'X Factor' contestants.
The ad, which launches on TV tomorrow during ‘Coronation Street’, was inspired by the Christmas compilation album format.
Creative by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R is shot in the style of a music video that moves through five product scenes, including "cosy knitwear" and "stylish party outfits".
Five backing tracks feature, including a never-before released Rod Stewart cover of 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity