Tesco-backed coffee chain Harris + Hoole appoints VCCP Share
Tesco-backed coffee shop chain Harris + Hoole has appointed VCCP Share as its social media agency following the opening of its first shops in Amersham, Uxbridge and Ruislip.
As Harris + Hoole expands, VCCP Share will be tasked with using social media to connect the marketing activity at the individual stores with the brand's experiential campaigns.
Harris + Hoole was founded by siblings Nick, Andrew and Laura Tolley, the founders of the Taylor St Baristas chain of coffee shops, and Tesco has a non-controlling minority stake in the venture.
VCCP is thought to have picked up the Harris + Hoole social media account after a competitive pitch against two undisclosed agencies.
Dominic Stinton, managing director of VCCP Share, said: "Harris + Hoole is on a real mission to create a totally different coffee shop experience on the high street.
"We're creating a completely bespoke strategy that plays to their significant strengths, particularly at a local level."
Harris + Hoole is named after two coffee lovers ("Harris the player, and Mr Hoole of our College") mentioned in Samuel Pepys' diary in 1664, and plans to open around 12 shops across the UK.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure