Marie Claire to debut NFC technology for magazine ad
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 07 November 2012 11:35AM
Marie Claire is to debut a near field communications (NFC)-enabled ad in its pages, after striking a deal with healthcare business Nuffield Health.
IPC, the publisher of Marie Claire, is claiming it is the first UK magazine to use the NFC technology.
The NFC-enabled ad will give readers access to additional content, when they point their smartphones at the ad.
Readers who want to use the technology place their NFC-enabled smartphone on the ad which launches a webpage offering a free two-day Nuffield Health pass. The ad is running in a number of subscription copies of the December issue. The issue goes on sale tomorrow (8 November).
The NFC technology used in the campaign was supplied by specialist marketing company Kyp, which worked with IPC's innovation unit on the deal. MediaCom planned and bought the campaign.
Brands which have hitherto tried NFC technology include Unilever's Magnum, Toni&Guy, Lynx and Vaseline. Barclaycard and Orange have also been major proponents of the service in Britain.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing / IT Support Executive - Permanent - London Ninesharp £22000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , Hammersmith and Fulham
- Owned Media Director - SEO Ultimate Asset £42000 - £48000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Marketing and Campaigns Manager (B2B) Stopgap £50000 per annum + Bonus, South East England
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show