Karmarama lands BBC Olympics brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 November 2012 08:00AM
BBC Worldwide, the corporation's commercial arm, has appointed Karmarama to create a campaign to promote the launch of its Olympic Games DVD collection.
Karmarama, a BBC roster shop, picked up the business without a formal pitch and will create work spanning TV, outdoor and digital to market the five-disc DVD set in the run-up to Christmas.
The above-the-line campaign aims to remind viewers how everyone in the UK played a part in the drama of London 2012. It will show some of the most high-profile sporting moments as well as less-known stories. Danny Boyle’s re-edited version of the opening ceremony is also included in full.
Rob Lowe, the marketing director at BBC Worldwide, consumer products, said: "The launch of the London 2012 Olympic Games DVD will be one of the biggest home entertainment events this year. Karmarama’s work truly captures the emotion and drama of the Olympics."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Ad Ops Europe Aspire Mobile c£45,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Account Director - Mobile Location Advertising Aspire Mobile c£70,000 + 50% bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media