Karmarama lands BBC Olympics brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 November 2012 08:00AM
BBC Worldwide, the corporation's commercial arm, has appointed Karmarama to create a campaign to promote the launch of its Olympic Games DVD collection.
Karmarama, a BBC roster shop, picked up the business without a formal pitch and will create work spanning TV, outdoor and digital to market the five-disc DVD set in the run-up to Christmas.
The above-the-line campaign aims to remind viewers how everyone in the UK played a part in the drama of London 2012. It will show some of the most high-profile sporting moments as well as less-known stories. Danny Boyle’s re-edited version of the opening ceremony is also included in full.
Rob Lowe, the marketing director at BBC Worldwide, consumer products, said: "The launch of the London 2012 Olympic Games DVD will be one of the biggest home entertainment events this year. Karmarama’s work truly captures the emotion and drama of the Olympics."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account