Karmarama lands BBC Olympics brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 November 2012 08:00AM
BBC Worldwide, the corporation's commercial arm, has appointed Karmarama to create a campaign to promote the launch of its Olympic Games DVD collection.
Karmarama, a BBC roster shop, picked up the business without a formal pitch and will create work spanning TV, outdoor and digital to market the five-disc DVD set in the run-up to Christmas.
The above-the-line campaign aims to remind viewers how everyone in the UK played a part in the drama of London 2012. It will show some of the most high-profile sporting moments as well as less-known stories. Danny Boyle’s re-edited version of the opening ceremony is also included in full.
Rob Lowe, the marketing director at BBC Worldwide, consumer products, said: "The launch of the London 2012 Olympic Games DVD will be one of the biggest home entertainment events this year. Karmarama’s work truly captures the emotion and drama of the Olympics."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers